Dr. Nandita Palshetkar
From infertility to parenthood -Foremost IVF Clinic In India
Parenthood is the dream of every couple. The urge to procreate is genetically motivated and is one of the greatest sources of enduring joy for couples. Yet, given increasing levels of infertility in today's generation, there are millions of couples who pine for the joy of having a baby. Infertility in women, low sperm counts or motility in men and many other causes makes parenthood difficult if not impossible for such couples.
Pioneering IVF Specialist with high success rates
Dr. Nandita Palshetkar is one of the pioneers of IVF Clinics In India specialising in Assistive Reproductive Technologies and has been instrumental in helping over 25,000 aspiring parents to have a baby of their own. She is credited with an average IVF success rate of 35-45% in started cycles in women under 35.
Combining expertise with high technology
Dr. Nandita Palshetkar is an IVF specialist in Mumbai who combines high level of medical expertise with the latest IVF treatment related medical technology to offer high success rates among Infertility treatments. Dr. Palshetkar has the record of being the first to establish assisted laser hatching in India in 1998 she is credited with the first laser hatched twins in India. She also has the distinction of having achieved pregnancy in the oldest woman in India, a 60 year old in 2000, along with having achieved pregnancy with sperms from a hemiplegic husband and also having delivered the first baby in India with three mothers - i.e. with help of a test-tube baby and surrogacy techniques. She is also a pioneer in establishing the spindle view technology in India so as to prevent damage to the genes during test-tube baby procedure, establishing the first egg and ovarian tissue bank in India and establishing IMSI -a new technology for improving results in Male Infertility, for the first time in India.
- 1994: Started IVF and semen bank in ppnh op hse
- 1996: Started ICSI for males with low sperm count.
- 1998: Introduced assisted Laser hatching (first in India) and blastocyst culture for improving pregnancy rates Started the Lilavati Hospital Unit
- 2004: Achieved birth by combining Egg donation + Surrogacy ie child with 3 mothers
- 2005: Introduced Spindle view technology to increase ICSI pregnancy rates. - First in india
- 2006: Started oocyte Bank & introduced oocyte freezing by vitrification- first in india
- 2007: Ovarian tissue freezing for young women undergoing Chemo/radiation –first in India
- 2008: First in India to introduce Intracytoplasmic Morphologically Selected Sperm Injection (IMSI)
- 2008: Introduced INVO- first in India. In Vivo Vaginal Culture
- 2010: Introduced IVM
- 2012: Introduced Embryoscope We do around 3000 art cycles in a year of which 2000 are in Lilavati & our five units . Rest 1000 art cycles are with other units affiliated with us
Lowering the cost of IVF treatment, promoting affordability
Dr. Nandita Palshetkar is one of the few IVF specialists who have tirelessly worked to reduce the cost of IVF treatments and gain recognition as an affordable infertility specialist. She has worked tirelessly to spread the benefits of IVF treatments in India. Her name and fame and her accessibility has also worked to attract couples from other countries to come to India, attracted by the level of expertise combined with the affordability of costs.
Spreading the knowledge, sharing the expertise
Dr. Palshetkar routinely organizes training programs for other doctors all over India to pass on her considerable skills for the benefit of wider society. She has trained more than 5000 gynecologists in infertility management over last 15 years. To keep abreast of the rapidly evolving technology in the IVF domain worldwide Dr. Palshetkar regularly attends many training programs and workshops worldwide. She also has considerable research work in cutting edge OBGY domain space.
She is currently the professor of OBGY at the Dr. D.Y. Patil Medical College, Navi Mumbai and teacher for super specialty degree (FNB), Fellowship in Reproductive Medicine, National Board, Delhi at Lilavati Hospital in Mumbai.